Rosehill Product Specifications
Standard Rosehill furniture forms the basis for Student and Key-Worker accommodation nationwide. Our robust quality and excellent value for money invariably satisfy clients, contractors and end users alike.
Rosehill’s extensive finish variety and intelligent wardrobe and bed storage solutions make the best of ever tighter budgets and space constraints. We use only quality materials and hard-wearing components. The simplicity of Rosehill’s furniture guarantees long and trouble-free use.
Rosehill manufacture to the highest quality and durability standard within this sector. Furniture for study, sleep, storage and relaxation combine to provide an ideal living environment.
Our beds have been designed for heavy contract use. We recommend our fire retardant spring interior mattress to complement them. Waste bins, pinboards, underbed storage, tables, chairs, stools and curtains, and a range of white and brown goods complete the picture for accommodation use.
- Practical storage solutions
- Variety of finishes
- Outstanding lifecycles
- Easy maintenance
- All furniture can be tailored to your specific requirements with maximum flexibility of the room design
- Spare products / parts readily available from stock
5 Year Guarantee On All Our Fitted Furniture
“We pride ourselves on offering bespoke furniture suited to individual needs. In addition to ‘off the shelf’ products, we can tailor our flexible range to your exact requirements.”
Standard Range specification:
- Carcase is manufactured from FSC approved 18mm Melamine Faced Chipboard conforming to BS/EN 312:2003, BS/EN 14322:2004. Our MFC furniture is available in Maple and Beech as standard; other colours include Oak, Walnut, Cherry, Alder, Cream, Grey and many more.
- As an alternative, all our FSC approved 18mm chipboard can be faced with Natural Veneer (Beech, Oak or Maple) conforming to BS/EN 312-P2,2003.
High Pressure Laminated panels are also available complying with HGP of BS/EN 438
- All joints are glued and doweled.
- All exposed edges are lipped with continuous matching 2mm Impact Resistant PVC complying with BS 6222-3:1999.
- Veneered panels come complete with 2mm self coloured continuous solid hardwood lipping on all exposed edges and finished with 3 coats of acrylic lacquer.
- Veneered desks come complete with 20mm matching continuous hardwood lipping on the leading edge and 5mm lipping on all other exposed edges
- Desktop and freestanding unit tops are manufactured from 25, 28 or 38 mm Melamine Faced Chipboard
- Desktop and freestanding unit tops are also available with a 28mm or 38mm Natural Veneered surface or with a High Pressure Laminated finish and balanced on the underside.
- Cabin Bed incorporating underbed storage comes with the base board divided into two ventilated 16mm MDF access lids with recessed hinges; each lid consists of: 6 off 50mm dia vent cut outs, 1 off cut out for handle (100 x 50); 2 off matching MFC or Natural Veneered side panels (18mm) complete with 2mm PVC lipping or 4mm continuous solid timber on all exposed edges, plus 2 off ventilation slot including plastic infill in each side panel. A matching wall mounted 18mm MFC or Natural Veneered headboard is also available complete with a self coloured 2mm PVC lipped edge or 2mm continuous solid timber lipping.
- Skid Base Bed with mesh top and 2 flat skid legs which can be screwed to the floor. The metal frame is epoxy powder coated. A wall or frame mounted 18mm MFC or Natural Veneered headboard is also available complete with a matching 2mm PVC lipped edge or 2mm continuous solid timber lipping.
- Divan Bed comes with solid top and divan base in CRIB 5 stitchbond cover and is compliant with BS/EN 1725:1998 and BS/EN 1334:1996. All wood used carries the Solid Association Woodmark. Also available is a matching upholstered headboard.
- All Rosehill student and key-worker mattresses comply with BS7177:1991, Crib 5 resistance for medium hazard use. They comprise 13 5 gauge open coil springs, 9 gauge rod frame, needled felt pad and stichbond cover.
- Alternatively, we can supply Nautilus Mattress upholstered with waterproof and breathable fabric. It uses open coil spring units and complies with BS7177 Ignition Source 5.
- Rosehill also recommend a matching water resistant mattress cover. It is white in colour, fitted sheet style with elastic corners permitting a snug fit.
- Alternatively, we can supply polypropylene waterproof mattress proctectors.
- Wall mounted Headboard (various sizes) accompanied by side panel protecting the mattress from the wall.
- Wall-fixed or free-standing built-out Headboard (sizes to suit) comes with a 25 or 28mm top and can comprise a built-in shelving unit, a cupboard or be extended into a continuous shelving/desking.
- Double Wardrobe incorporates a hat shelf, vertical divider, 3off 1/3 shelves and 2/3 hanging space with a fixed chrome hanging rail and 2off full height doors with 4off 170 degree hinges each..
- Single Wardrobe comes with a hat shelf and a fixed chrome hanging rail.
- Other designs incorporating different sizes, additional top boxes, bottom drawers, internal shelving, and various finishes are available.
- All drawers utilise a ‘metal box’ type system, i.e. metal sides, 18mm Melamine Faced Chipboard front panel, rear and base complete with a 2mm Impact Resistant PVC lipped exposed edge or 4mm solid timber lipping on all edges with 3 coats of acrylic lacquer.
- Epoxy powder coated metal runners, self closing with heavy duty nylon rollers – comply to BS6222:Part 2, Level H.
HANDLES & HINGES:
- As standard, bedroom furniture comes with 130mm hole centre metal bow-shaped handles. Rosehill carry several varieties for our client’s selection.
- Kitchen furniture comes with ‘T’ Bar Stainless Steel handles.
- All metal, fully concealed 3-way fully adjustable hinges 110° or 170° comply with BS 6222 part 2, level H and allow perfect alignment.
- As standard, bedroom furniture comes with 130mm hole centre metal bow-shaped handles. Rosehill carry several varieties for our client’s selection. Alternatively, recessed handles can be supplied.
- Kitchen base units come with removable (18mm MFC) plinths which are finished with a continuous transparent waterproof sealant flexible strip (this eradicates the need to mastic between floor and plinth).
- All feet are adjustable to allow for uneven flooring.
- Kitchen cabinets come with either inset fitted or removable backs to enable service and ducting.
- For added security, Rosehill can supply cabinets with locks which come with 2 keys each. Alternatively, hasp & staple lock can be fitted into the units (padlocks to be supplied by others).
- Rosehill supply kitchen worktops with genuine high pressure laminate guaranteed to BS/EN 438. The glueline is guaranteed moisture & heat resistant to BS/EN 204. Joints will be mitred or butted according to each client’s needs. The postformed single edge is designed to prevent liquid spills finding their way in to drawers and cupboards. All cut edges are manually sealed with a waterproof resin. PEFC certification 04-1-1, DIN EN ISO 9001 + ISO 14001 certified.
- Aluminium worktop edge protectors will be fitted either side of the cooker space (if required).
- As an alternative to tiling, Rosehill offer stainless steel splashbacks or matching HPL upstands which are produced with P3 moisture-resistant chipboard core (nominal size of 120 x 19mm with 3mm postformed radius). We can also supply HPL back panels manufactured from several high-grade paper layers impregnated with artificial resins meeting DIN EN438 and ISO 4586.
- Cladding and boxing in is also available.
- Our standard pinboards are 9mm thick, FR Hessian covered, and are available in a variety of colours. The boards come with brass fixings and grommets BS 476: part 7 class 1; BS EN 1021 – 1: 1994 (Cigarette).
- We also offer a matching 50mm pinboard frame lipped with 2mm PVC edging or 4mm continuous solid timber lipping.
- Rosehill can also supply 9mm thick sundeala K quality or FRB (flame retardant) pinboards which are manufactured from waste newsprint. It comes with sanded finish and soft pre-finished surface allowing easy pin insertion and retention. A variety of colours is available.
- Rosehill supply solid hardwood or stainless steel knobs or hooks which are fitted on a matching pattress lipped with 2mm PVC or 4mm solid timber edging.
- Our standard workstation Operator Chair comes with CMHR flame retardant foam, twin lever mechanism with gas height lift, back rake and height adjustment. It also complies with PN-EN 1335-2/3:2002
- Easy Chairs and Settees from our Winchester collection are constructed with kiln-dried solid hardwood timber, using mortise and tenon joints and wooden dowels. The foam is CMHR40F in the seat, CMHR35F in the back.
- Our standard Keeler dining chair is a very popular kitchen seating solution. It comes with either triangular or round shape back. It comprises a pre-formed lacquered plywood seat and back and chrome tubular legs.
- Rosehill’s Polypropylene Chair comes with ¾” 16 swg steel tubular frame which is finished in black anti-scratch plastic. It adheres to BS4875 part 1, level 5 – severe contract use. Available in a choice of shell colours.
- Our Easy Chair is of classic design providing excellent back support with firm seat and back pads. It comes with 25mm square tubular metal frame and fully welded back support for durability and extra strength. Frames are supplied in Black or Gun Metal Grey Epoxy Powder Coating as standard. Two and three seater settee versions are also available.
- Our Modular Seating is fully upholstered in Crib 5 fabric and comes with CMHR seat and back pad. Available in a range of fabrics and versions (one, two and three seaters) and with optional arms.
- Rosehill Sofas come with frames with integral front and rear legs to guarantee maximum strength and durability. The polishing system complies with BS6250 and utilizes Medicoate lacquer on all show wood surfaces which are hand stained and sprayed using 2-4 coats of lacquer. Foam and fabric used adhere to Crib 5. No external stapling and a minimum of seams reduce the risk of fabric tearing. A choice of feet is available.
- Our Livia High Stool comes with black textured polypropylene shell, matching backrest/lumbar support and tubular chrome plated frame -16swg; it is available in two heights. Other stools are also available.
- Chair upholstery is inherently Flame Retardant and adheres to BS7176 ignition source 5 – inc stain repellence. Abrasive resistance (guaranteed) in excess of 150,000 rubs and meets the requirements of BS 2543:1995 graded for ‘SEVERE CONTRACT’ use, “Recommended for 24 hour use, 7 days a week”.
- Fabrics are fitted over Combustion Modified High Resilience (CMHR) foam.
- The classic safety backed glass mirror is either 4 or 6mm thick. Edges are polished all around. Our mirror is produced from optimum plus glass and meets BS6206 standard. It comes with 6mm holes and chrome caps as standard.
- Acrylic Safety Mirrors are offered as an alternative whenever better shatter-resistance is required. Lightweight acrylic mirrors offer impact strength of around 10 times greater than that of glass and is manufactured with a tough protective back-coating. They are available in either 3 or 6mm thickness.
- Both types of mirrors can be manufactured to any given size and be fitted to a wall or the inside of a wardrobe door.
- Installation includes: unloading, unpacking, positioning/installation and daily removal of all packaging to a designated area; ensuring that all doors and drawers are accurately aligned, not binding and fully adjusted to ensure smooth operation.
- Rosehill provide a safe and extremely competent workforce.
- Our CSCS registered joiners are experienced and hardworking.
- Rosehill incorporate safety into work through approved and robust method statements and risk assessments.
- With Health & Safety as our priority, we provide qualified and dedicated foremen, supervisors and project managers.
- A Rosehill Project Manager is assigned to each individual project. The PM and site supervisors are available on a weekly basis (or as regularly as deemed necessary) to review progress and discuss short term programming dates and sequencing of the works.
- The sizes of our teams are suited to the scope and time constraints of the project (we are experienced in installing anything from 10 to 100+ rooms a week).
Our policy is one of continuous improvement. Rosehill Project Management Ltd. reserve the right, therefore, to amend specifications without prior notice.